[CLAM] QT5 development

David García Garzón david.garcia at upf.edu
Wed May 28 07:46:28 PDT 2014

El 27/05/14 19:06, James Miller ha escrit:
> Hi, I would like to use the clam library in a qt app, but I note that only
> qt 4.8 is supported.  Is the clam project still going?  If so, will you
> update your QT libraries to version 5.x?

Core developers have been busy lately, with their own projects (childs,
cooperatives...) so, no intense development has happened during this
period but the project is going on and developers are listening and
accepting any patches, contributions and bug reports you send. New
developers are very welcome as well, and we would be happy to mentorize
anyone who want to contribute into the project.

Regarding Qt5, the port should be quite straight forward, we just needed
an excuse like anyone requiring it (you?). The Qt modules are quite
independent from the processing libraries. Depending on your needs you
could use core and processing clam and I would be happy to help with the
Qt5 parts if you need them.

Let's have an IRC talk if you want. So you could explain me your needs.
I'll be at #clam at freenode IRC network.

David.