[Clam-devel] Versioning and Opening recent files for Network Editor

Pau Arumi parumi at iua.upf.edu
Thu Dec 28 04:25:46 PST 2006

clarification about nightly builds vs stable releases.

we really don't have a nightly build. builds are much more frequent than
daily:
testfarm clients, when not working, are waiting for new svn commits.
when a commit arrives the clients awake, do all the stuff and finally
upload the packages named as david said.
all instructions the client executed can be seen from the testfarm
interface: http://clam.iua.upf.edu/testfarm/

that means:

 1. publishing stable release packages is as easy as changing the
version of the changelog and commit it. (TODO: integrate src tarballs
publishing as well). that's really great!

 2. most of the executions are development so tagged as "CVS" (TODO
change to SVN) with a timestamp like that: 0.4.2-CVS-20061227. this
means that packages built the same day gets overwritten and only the
latest build of each day remains in the web server.

En/na David García Garzón ha escrit:
> I just uploaded edgy packages that i built before Pau started debian packaging changes. But I could not build the packages for sid before that. So 0.96 has no sid packages :-(
>
> I think that as we are commiting new changes we should bump Changelog to the next CVS version and having a version mark. I did so with NetworkEditor since I added a new feature (Open recent files), but i notice that Pau also modified the library so, let's bump them all?
>
> A note for newcomers: We control whether to generate nightly builds or stable releases by changing the last version on changelog files. That propagates the version to the about boxes and package names (just windows now) and by placing 'CVS' after the version or not, scons generates a timestamped version number or not. For example:
>
> That's the new cvs version:
> 2006-12-?? NetworkEditor 0.4.2 CVS
> It generates 0.4.2-CVS-20061227
>
> That is the recently released version: