[Clam-devel] Re: [linux-audio-dev] audiogui

Pau Arumi parumi at iua.upf.edu
Wed Feb 28 06:09:12 PST 2007

En/na Chris Cannam ha escrit:
> I've been considering making a small library of Qt4 widgets based on the
> ones in the current SVN of Sonic Visualiser -- dial (based on the
> RG/qsynth one), thumbwheel, panner, fader (based on Hydrogen).
>
> They aren't particularly beautiful or consistent to look at -- if they
> were, I wouldn't just be considering it, I'd have bundled them up a
> while ago.  But what they do do is work consistently: click and drag to
> adjust, without any inadvertant jumps on plain clicks; double-click to
> open a text field edit window provided by the widget; middle-click or
> ctrl+left-click to reset to default; mouse wheel supported.  They all
> (except panner) support attaching a mapper object that translates
> between the underlying floating point values and screen integers, so
> you can use them for things like logarithmic scales and get the correct
> mapping and units for their automatic tooltips and the edit window.

Hi Chris,

Such Qt4 widgets plugin (library) would be great!
In clam we already have a Qt4 plugin useful giving the user the ability
to desig the front-end of a clam processing network:
http://iua-share.upf.es/wikis/clam/index.php/Network_Editor_tutorial

The widgets in our plugin are not sliders and knobs, but for data
visualization (a.k.a. "monitors") such as oscilloscope, spectrogram,
sinusoidal peaks, chord-space (tonal), etc. At the moment we use normal
Qt sliders as controls, so it would be great to reuse your control
widgets.

Maybe you might be interested in our data monitor widgets, as well.
Those widgets are only coupled to a DataSource abstract class (C++), so
they can easily be incorporated into different apps. At the moment we
only have instantaneous (or frame) monitors. X-axis-time monitors are
planted after clam 1.0. So this seems another opportunity to share among
Qt4 based audio apps.

Cheers,
Pau
--