[Clam-devel] Flow control progress so far

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Thu Mar 1 05:06:44 PST 2007

Tonight we did some tests with the new flow control on the NetworkEditor. The
good news are that most examples work with the new flow control. Notable
exceptions are Networks containing controlSenders which were a know issue
that we will address right now. I also noticed some problems when loading
networks after playing. Some weird thing is happening there with start and
stop calls.

Also PortAudio backend in Linux seems to work better with the new flow
control. Although it eventually crashes with the oss buffer size missmatch
assertion, this happens not as often as before and just when the load is high
(testing portaudio with callgrind is a way of getting this error almost
always).

I also noticed a weird thing with PortAudio on my Linux box at home. it seems
to multiply the input signal by a triangular wave. This may happen because it
is receiving interleaved data i must check that but i almost sure we did
something to configure PA to have not interleaved buffers.

David.