[Clam-devel] Crosscompiling for windows from ubuntu

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Sat May 5 18:40:47 PDT 2007

On Friday, Pau and me had a very disappointing session trying to get something
compiling in windows using the Visual Express 2005. We really got lost on the
SDK and directX hell. After that we decided to give mingw a try.

Today i did a small spike on crosscompiling windows binaries on ubuntu. I
discovered a really amazing tandem: mingw and wine. The former builds windows
binaries with a sane development environment we weren't able to have with
Visual. The later executes such binaries in a proper runtime environment
under linux.

I've not been able to start with CLAM, neither testing SConstruct in such
environment but right now i compiled against most dependencies including Qt4
and portaudio. I attach a dummy qt4 application screenshot i crosscompiled
and executed under wine. Also PortAudio+DirectX+Asio is compiling.

All the steps I performed are here:

http://clam.iua.upf.edu/wikis/clam/index.php/Devel/Windows_MinGW_cross_compile

I also attach two files mentioned but missing on the wiki: a Makefile for
asiosdk and a patch for portaudio.