[Clam-devel] Crosscompiling for windows from ubuntu

Pau Arumi parumi at iua.upf.edu
Sun May 6 04:20:53 PDT 2007

David García Garzón wrote:
> On Friday, Pau and me had a very disappointing session trying to get something
> compiling in windows using the Visual Express 2005. We really got lost on the
> SDK and directX hell. After that we decided to give mingw a try.

i'd call it utterly frustrating :-/ i hope that using commercial
versions of M$ Visual is much easier. because with the express
(free as beer) edition is a real pain.

so let's go for mingw!
ah, important: developers still can use the mingw libs with
visual

> Today i did a small spike on crosscompiling windows binaries on ubuntu. I
> discovered a really amazing tandem: mingw and wine. The former builds windows
> binaries with a sane development environment we weren't able to have with
> Visual. The later executes such binaries in a proper runtime environment
> under linux.

nice!
i saw your provocative "windows about to be deprecated"
screenshot. but now that we can cross compile and cross run
windows binaries, i think the wiser should be to drop linux! no?? :P

> I also attach two files mentioned but missing on the wiki: a Makefile for
> asiosdk and a patch for portaudio.

hurra!