[Clam-devel] compiling the network editor

Greg Kellum greg.kellum at gmail.com
Tue May 29 09:32:38 PDT 2007

Hi all,

I was trying to compile the network editor from the newest SVN sources today
on my OS-X 10.4 powerbook, but the compile failed.

After typing in this command:
$ scons install prefix=/Users/greg/Code/CLAM/NetworkEditor/bin
clam_prefix=/usr/local

I got this error:

Lodading dmg tool...
Version:  1.0.1
Package version:  1.0.1~svn10153
IndexError: list index out of range:
  File "SConstruct", line 253:
    BUNDLE_ICON='resources/CLAM.icns',
  File
"/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/scons/SCons/Environment.py",
line 149:

Um...  I checked to see whether the file 'resources/CLAM.icns' was there,
because that's apparently where the compilation failed, and it is there.
So, I don't know what is happening here...  Does anyone know what might be
causing this problem?

And a more general question:  Why is it that CLAM uses scons rather than the
ubiquitous make command?

Best,
Greg