[Clam-devel] Please test macosx dmg (only intel)

eduard aylon eduard.aylon at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 14:41:12 PST 2007

Works kind of ok on a MacBook Pro 15", as I had a few crashes while
playing around with it.

A few things I've noticed (well, I just played with it for 10 minutes):
-There seems to be quite a latency when playing, is it the same for you?
-Oscillator (not simple oscillator) seems to work strangely. For
instance setting amplitude=0 doesn't affect the volume at all. Or
changing modIndex doesn't cause any changes in the resulting sound...
-It'd be nice to have an Audio2Control converter, is it implemented
already? I couldn't find it anywhere.
-Could it be that, let's say, a generator which is not connected to a
sink runs/ticks anyway?
-My computer froze when connecting:

     -> rfftw -> spectrum_view
                                                   SquareWave  |

     -> audio_sink:0

and then resizing SpectrumView. I have just tried it once...

-SpectrumView input reads "input", but maybe should say "Spectrum Input"
-It is difficult to "read/visualise" the spectrum as it seems to go
out of the "display". Only when playing an oscillator at minimum
amplitud (i.e. 0.01), I can see it completely. Also it seems it only
uses log scale, is that right?
- Even when no audiosink is  added to the net, NetworkEditor seems to
be accessing my sound card as I can hear a click when hitting play
but just wanting to display a Spectrum.

All in all, It looks REALLY GREAT and I will keep playing with it.
Congratulations and thanks for all your work!!

eduard

BTW: On the annotator site, I have to say it also runs on my
computer. I don't know if it is ready to do more than just playing
audio. But at least I could load wav files (not mp3 (they do load,
but don't play) or aiff (neither load nor play) ).