[Clam-devel] Standalone app from NetworkEditor

Xavier Amatriain xavier at create.ucsb.edu
Tue Feb 13 00:23:32 PST 2007

The other day I got a question on "how much standalone" was it really
the application that I was creating with the
Prototyper. This is not the first time we get this question and it had
me thinking for a while. It is really not "fun" for people
that develop apps to have to distribute the Prototyper if they want to
distribute the application (especially in binary).

My question is, wouldn't it be really easy to create an ad-hoc adapted
prototyper for every application by just loading the
user network by default (not allowing to load anything else) and
possibly changing the name of the application according
to the network name? This seems easy to either add to a script that
modifies the code and compiles, don't you think?