[Clam-devel] Pixmap widgets on CLAM

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Sun Apr 8 18:00:36 PDT 2007

CLAM commits up to 9977 are about pixmap widgets. Pixmap widgets in CLAM are a
C++ implementation of the nice Patrick Kidd's PKSampler widgets which were
python code. I am also using some of his pixmaps. They weight a lot, and i
would prefer to generate them with pov but i couldn't setup pk in my box as
some files are broken on their svn.

A part from the C++ port, i also integrated the widgets into the CLAM Designer
plugin and added them some configurability using properties.

Be carefull, don't rely too much on these widgets as they are likely to
change.

Ok, so what you could do with that? Use the QPixmapRange to create an
slider/knob to control a CLAM parameter just as we were doing with plain
sliders and knobs. You can use the basePath property to set the base name of
the pixmap collection. I added to the resource images several usable pixmap.
so for example by setting it to several values as:
:/pkwidgets/knob_
:/pkwidgets/thinMixerSlider_
:/pkwidgets/wideMixerSlider_
:/pkwidgets/searchSlider_
If you can manage to get a different collection of frames just put the
relative file path to try it.

You also have QPixmapButton which just have a 3 frames animations but the full
frame collection contains severals colors or models you can change by
changing an integer property. Two collections here:
:/pkwidgets/button_
:/pkwidgets/thinButton_

Lot's of TODO's here.
- Check which functionalities Pk added since i ported the widgets 1 year ago.
- Derive several concrete widgets and a configurable one from a common base
class.
- Enhance the pixmap collection selection (i tried to use a pixmap property
which provides a convenient dialog, but apparently you cannot access the file
you loaded a pixmap so i cannot deduce the rest of the pixmap to be loaded)
- Port/implement other widgets (leds, unbounded and returning wheels,
7segments, cycle buttons...)
- Include Maarten pixmap widgets?

(Home) vokimon at telefonica adot net