[Clam-devel] Old documentation in the wiki

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Wed Apr 11 02:51:23 PDT 2007

Documentation it is worth the time, of course, Xavi, but reformating 10
chapters is not as useful as rewritting a single chosen one. I would prefer a
slower but selected and rewrited dump. I mean there are so much deprecated
things and a user that would read that documentation will be in a mess. And
we are in danger to suffer the broken window syndrome. So drop small but
controlled. Nobody is going to review such amount of text.

I considered old CLAM documentation a hard brick nobody wanted to read. I
would not like to repeat the error. I think that was the agreement we
reached. Task oriented howtos + Doxygen reference + Small
Introduction/Roadmap. I would like to keep the line i started this weekend on
Pau suggestion: Simple tasks. The idea is wondering what would a user
starting to work with CLAM need to know: Setup his own SConstruct, Running a
network, Connecting processings... No more theoretical introductions. They
still can read your Thesis ;-)

btw the difference among task oriented and subject oriented is that on subject
oriented you talk about processing and explain all about the processing,
while in task oriented you just talk about adding controls to a processing.
Those complete description should go to the doxygen in my opinion.

On Dimecres 11 Abril 2007, Xavier Amatriain wrote:
> Today I gave it a try and ported some of the old html documentation into
> the wiki (just for fun ;). I think it is worth the while even if most is
> depracated and I volunteer to do it (I mean porting it to the wiki, not
> fixing it). But first I need you to tell me it is worth my time. See the
> current status, with some sections already filled in:
>
> http://iua-share.upf.es/wikis/clam/index.php/CLAMUserManual

(Home) vokimon at telefonica adot net