[Clam-devel] Re: KeySpace and Tonnetz dummy data sources

bennett kolasinski bennett.kolasinski at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 17:32:36 PDT 2007

David (& list):

I just got back from my trip (no internet for 3 days- the horror!!) and
while I was working in my sandbox I noticed that the implementations of
TonnetzPlugin and KeyspacePlugin within InstantViewPlugin.cxx were virtually
the same except for the string id of each class... so I set to work on
reworking those two classes into default implementations for all the virtual
functions instead of two classes with 99% the same code... I figured this
would make adding a plugin (such as BarGraph) as simple as inheriting from
InstantViewPlugin and simply passing the id string to the constructor
(unless you needed to override any of the functions).

Anyhow, I made a big mess and overwrote my backed-up copies of
InstantViewPlugin.[c/h]xx so I'm updating my source now.  This was after
spending some time working on integrating BarGraph so all is not lost but
I'd like to spend a bit of time cleaning up what I've done before sending
anything out.

So I guess the purpose of this email is twofold: 1) seeing if anyone wanted
to argue against changing InstantViewPlugin into default implementations for
its virtual functions instead of having to implement each function for each
plugin class and 2) to say that I'll be working more on rolling BarGraph
into Annotator and will have something to send out shortly :)

Bennett