[Clam-devel] SDIF example

Greg Kellum greg.kellum at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 08:28:32 PDT 2007

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience working with SDIF files?  Does anyone have
any example files of reading and / or writing to SDIF files using CLAM?

As far as I can tell, there seems to be some problems with the SDIF code in
CLAM.  The SMSTool application crashes when one tries to load an SDIF
analysis file whether it be a file it generated itself or another
application generated, and the SDIF files it is generating itself are
suspiciously large;  they are ten times larger than the actual input audio
files.

I adjusted the example file SDIF_And_Segment_example.cxx to try to read in
an SDIF file, but not surprisingly, that didn't work either.  It threw an
assertion error, because the SDIF files generated by SMSTools lacked a
residual component, and it couldn't read in SDIF files generated by other
applications at all...

I'm looking at the SDIF file writing code at the moment to see what's going
on.  If anyone had any example code or knows where I could find more
information about this code, I'd appreciate it as it would make the problem
easier to track down.

Best,
Greg