[Clam-devel] SDIFInStreaming

Greg Kellum greg.kellum at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 10:04:14 PDT 2007

Hi Pau,

The SDIFInStreaming should be working now in the NetworkEditor.  I looked at
the FilenameUsageExample, and it was using in and out filenames of the type
InFilename and OutFilename.  So, I changed the filename attribute of
SDIFInStreaming from the type Filename to a new type called InSDIFFilename
which is a subclass of InFilename.

By the way I noticed that MonoAudioFileReader is red in the NetworkEditor
until it is given a filename.  Where does this actually happen in the code?
There are some checks in the ConcreteConfigure method to see whether the
filename attribute exists and whether the actual file exists.  If these
checks fail, then the ConcreteConfigure method returns false.  Is this what
turns the object red in the NetworkEditor?

I've attached a CLAM network file which you could use to test the
SDIFInStreaming if you'd like.  (I committed the changes to SDIFInConfig to
SVN.)  You'll have to change the file path of course, but the synthesis
parameters should be correct for the SDIF file I gave you earlier.  It's
going to sound bad anyway though, because changes that have been made in the
development version of the NetworkEditor.  All the resynthesis networks
sound bad at the moment in the development NetworkEditor...  Don't know
why...

Best,
Greg