[Clam-devel] SDIFInStreaming

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Wed Jul 4 12:36:37 PDT 2007

On Wednesday 04 July 2007 19:04:14 Greg Kellum wrote:
> Hi Pau,
>
> The SDIFInStreaming should be working now in the NetworkEditor.  I looked
> at the FilenameUsageExample, and it was using in and out filenames of the
> type InFilename and OutFilename.  So, I changed the filename attribute of
> SDIFInStreaming from the type Filename to a new type called InSDIFFilename
> which is a subclass of InFilename.
>
> By the way I noticed that MonoAudioFileReader is red in the NetworkEditor
> until it is given a filename.  Where does this actually happen in the code?

The ConcreteConfigure method returns false and sets the error message whenever
the filename is empty. It also does that if it is not empty but a bad file is
given.

> There are some checks in the ConcreteConfigure method to see whether the
> filename attribute exists and whether the actual file exists.  If these
> checks fail, then the ConcreteConfigure method returns false.  Is this what
> turns the object red in the NetworkEditor?

Yep. You guessed it. But don't forget also setting the error message so that
the NetEditor user can see the problem by hovering the processing with the
cursor.

http://clam.iua.upf.edu/wikis/clam/index.php/Processings_with_configuration#Reporting_configuration_errors