[Clam-devel] Re: test changes after refactoring of InstantTunningEstimator

Roman Goj roman.goj at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 08:47:14 PDT 2007

David García Garzón wrote:
> That series of patches were so nice :-)
>
> Committed revision 10372.
>  * Roman Goj patch: InstantTunningEstimatorTest
>  ** Using doIt overload with vector<pair> inpunt instead the double* one
>  ** Using binsPerSemitone=1.
>     Step toward using a normalized [0,12) interval for tonal positions
>     instead of [0,12*binsPerSemitone)
>  ** Typo: centerAndStrenght -> centerAndStrength
>
> Next,
> * Locate and solve any remaining InstantTunningEstimator constructed with
> bpo!=1
> * Compile, Test, Patch
> * Turn the bpo default value to 1
> * Compile, Test, Patch
> * Use the default bpo instead of explicitly put 1
> * Compile, Test, Patch
> * Remove the bpo constructor parameter and turn it a class constant
> * Compile, Test, Patch
> * Inline/remove the constant and fade it out
> * Compile, Test, Patch

On it. :)

> At this point you'll have a InstantTunningEstimator class which is independent
> of the binPerOctave/Semitone parameter.
>
> By the way, the svn clam-test-data files seems to be corrupt and hold the
> tests. Are you really passing the tests or just compiling them? Test farm
> will tell us. ;-) Meanwhile you can use the CLAM-TestData on the download
> section of the website.

I'm getting nervous ;)
but here I'm actually getting 39 errors doing the test (most with
XMLStorage), while testing my changes instead of looking at whether the
number of failures changed from 0 to 1 or more I looked for a change 39
-> 40 or more :/

So this is caused by corrupt test data? I'll try the download :)