[Clam-devel] Re: test changes after refactoring of InstantTunningEstimator

Roman Goj roman.goj at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 05:55:38 PDT 2007

On 7/10/07, David García Garzón <dgarcia at iua.upf.edu> wrote:
> That series of patches were so nice :-)

Let's have another one then :-)

> Next,
> * Locate and solve any remaining InstantTunningEstimator constructed with
> bpo!=1
> * Compile, Test, Patch
> * Turn the bpo default value to 1
> * Compile, Test, Patch
> * Use the default bpo instead of explicitly put 1
> * Compile, Test, Patch

Did these points for now.
In one patch - sorry - first we had the global svn problems, then I
had some amazingly stupid problems I still don't understand (I updated
my clam dir to the latest revision and couldn't compile, tried lots of
things, reverted everything, applied newer patches and then reverted
again, tried issuing scons a couple of times in a row on a clean
checkout, tried the ld_bug_script.pl, tried scons -c, everything I
could think of and still I'm getting errors that simply should not be
there (since svn is ok - testfarm says)... after some of this hassle I
just started a clean checkout in the background, now I'm working
there... everything works fine :-/ ) and finally I decided to start
writing the patches even before I get to test them and that's why I
didn't seperate the patches.

Anyway what they do:
* InstantTunningEstimator's constructor now has a default of 1
* InstantTunningEstimator now constructed without the use of the
second parameter (in the tests and ChordExtractor.hxx, did I miss
anything?)
* removes useless doIt in InstantTunningEstimator
* use make_pair() instead of std::pair's constructor

about the last one - at first I didn't notice that make_pair actually
checks the types of its arguments, so it's much nicer then the
constructor, my mistake :)

TODO:

> * Remove the bpo constructor parameter and turn it a class constant
> * Compile, Test, Patch
> * Inline/remove the constant and fade it out
> * Compile, Test, Patch

back to work then, e-mail break over :)
roman