[Clam-devel] ebowsynth plugin: clean up + exception

Pau Arumi parumi at iua.upf.edu
Fri Oct 19 11:18:18 PDT 2007

Hi Greg (ccing to clam-devel)

Two questions about the ebow synthesizer: In order to clean up the
NetworkEditor directory I've moved all files in NE/src/ebowsynthesizer
that are not in plugins/continuousExcitationSynthesizer into its subdir
toreview/
So, could you please review them? (what is deprecated stuff that can be
removed, what are examples that make sense apart of the network example)

analysis.xml
SampleMetadata.cxx
AudioDatabaseReader.cxx
SampleMetadata.hxx
AudioDatabaseReader.hxx
SimpleLoopMetadata.cxx
BufferedSDIFFileReader.cxx
SimpleLoopMetadata.hxx
BufferedSDIFFileReader.hxx
TestAudioDatabaseReader.cxx
ebowSynthesizer.cxx

The second question is about the .clamnetworks examples of the plugin.
When I execute
$ NetworkEditor synth_with_sliders.clamnetwork
And configure the SDIFDatabaseProcessing to point to
clam_test_data/EBowGuitarSDIFSmall/ dir, I get this exception at
configure time:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'CLAM::XmlStorageErr'
  what():  Unexpected Element: 'BowBridgeDistance' at position
/EBowSampleConfig

with this trace:

#7  0xb7fa2f02 in CLAM::XmlStorage::RestoreObject (this=0xbfb00e70,
    component=@0xbfb010c0) at scons/libs/core/src/XMLStorage.cxx:87
#8  0xb7fa7920 in CLAM::XmlStorage::Restore (obj=@0xbfb010c0,
is=@0xbfb00f74)
    at scons/libs/core/include/CLAM/XMLStorage.hxx:119
#9  0xb7fa35ff in CLAM::XmlStorage::Restore (obj=@0xbfb010c0,
    filename=@0xbfb010f0) at scons/libs/core/src/XMLStorage.cxx:119
#10 0xb457afa4 in CLAM::DirectoryBasedMetadataReader::ReadMetadata (
    this=0x86c5550, argDirectoryPath=@0xbfb01224,
    argMetadataVector=@0x86c5614) at DirectoryBasedMetadataReader.cxx:44
#11 0xb45b6cd0 in CLAM::SDIFDatabase::LoadProgram (this=0x86c554c,
    argDirectoryPath=@0xbfb01224, isResidualEnabled=true)
    at SDIFDatabase.cxx:42
#12 0xb45a557b in CLAM::SDIFDatabaseProcessing::ConcreteConfigure (
    this=0x86c53a8, cfgObject=@0x86cb510) at SDIFDatabaseProcessing.cxx:62
#13 0xb7f7fc46 in CLAM::Processing::Configure (this=0x86c53a8, c=@0x86cb510)

Am I using the right database? Any hint?

Thanks for any help

  Pau