[Clam-devel] osx/darwinports scons adds quotes ("") to LINKFLAGS. g++ doesn't like it

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Thu Jan 25 03:16:09 PST 2007

On Thursday 25 January 2007 01:22, eduard wrote:
> Hello David,
>
> > Could you tell us which backed is chosen? It is indicated on the
> > lower right
> > corner: Jack, PortAudio... On Pau's macbook the Jack server was
> > automatically
> > started and the JACK backend chosen. But when you don't have a jack
> > server i
> > don't know what happens. It is also good to spot backend dependant
> > problems.
>
> It uses Portaudio even if I have Jack running. How can I change the
> backend? The preference pane is grayed out.

PortAudio works decently just in windows right now. You might be the first one
to test it in Mac. I tried it in Linux and i get similar problems: a very
choppy output (we still did not addressed such problem) and random crashes
due to not nicely managing xruns as we (hopefully) do on Alsa and Jack
backends.

To enable jack backed you have just to have JACK working in your system and
the apps will detect and choose it.

> > An the second petition is to send us the network files for the
> > networks not
> > properly working. It's easier for you than ascii art and not that
> > difficult
> > to interpret. It's ok if you send them by mail, but on the bug
> > tracking
> > system would be 'ok-er'.
>
> I'll do that from now on. But as I said, the problems I encountered
> were difficult to reproduce...

Chachi.

> > BTW, do you have a blog to add to the Planet? ;-)
>
> nope, sorry... btw, nice pics on the planet ;-)

A pity.

(Home) vokimon at telefonica adot net