[Clam-devel] call for mac powerpc people

Pau Arumi parumi at iua.upf.edu
Wed Jan 31 10:00:42 PST 2007

Xavier Amatriain wrote:
> I am also giving it a shot (in parallel with a zillion other things). I
> couldn't even get pass the configure step. It is having problems
> compiling the vmqt. I guess the issue is that I need qt4 for this module
> but, isn't this module supposed to be compiled only for NetworkEditor?
> Where does QTDIR have to point when compiling the libs?
>
> I am assuming that is the problem because the messages I get from scons
> are far more cryptical, complaining about incorrect options and so on in
> the vmqt.py file.

you need QTDIR undefined to compile the libs, as it uses macport version.
the wiki says:

"Install CLAM dependencies available in darwinports. This command will
compile each
   packages from upstream (the original project site) and will
automatically pull its
   dependencies:
   $ sudo port install xercesc pkgconfig libsndfile libogg libmad
libvorbis fftw-single fftw cppunit qt3-mac"

so qt3 lib is a darwin port, installed at /opt/local. and later:

"
  * Take into account that you'll need to export QTDIR to qt4 when
compiling networkeditor and annotator.
    * before doing "scons configure" make sure that QTDIR do not point
to qt4
    * before compiling SMSTools reset QTDIR=
    * before compiling Annotator point QTDIR to qt4
      (in my case export QTDIR=/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.2.2/)
    * before compiling NetworkEditor point QTDIR to qt4
"

now i see it could be explained better (i'll do), but i don't see any
confusing point neither.
maybe _too many_ things in parallel? ;-)

p.