[Clam-devel] call for mac powerpc people

Pau Arumi parumi at iua.upf.edu
Wed Jan 31 10:14:04 PST 2007

Xavier Amatriain wrote:
> Pau Arumi wrote:
>>    * before doing "scons configure" make sure that QTDIR do not point
>> to qt4    * before compiling SMSTools reset QTDIR=
> This is quite confusing... because according to this you can do scons
> configure while having QTDIR pointing to qt3 and this does not work.
wiki updated:

== CLAM build ==

  Read the CLAM/INSTALL file if you're not familiar with the clam scons
  build sequence.
  * One of the clam libs (libclam_vmqt) depends on qt3, so in order to use the macport version of qt3, make sure that QTDIR is undefined when configuring and compiling clam libs. (export QTDIR= )
  * On the other hand, you'll need to export QTDIR to qt4 when compiling networkeditor and annotator. So:
    * before doing clam "scons configure" and "scons" make sure that QTDIR is not set.
    * before compiling SMSTools make sure that QTDIR is not set
    * before compiling Annotator (and its inner /vmqt lib) make QTDIR to qt4
      (in my case export QTDIR=/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.2.2/)
    * before compiling NetworkEditor make QTDIR point to qt4

so you have a native version of qt3 installed.
i found that i couldn't use the native one because it was not multi-threaded qt3.dylib instead of qt3-mt.dylib.
and i was not able to compile it with the "configure -thread" option.
and macport qt3 comes threaded by default. so no big deal.