[Clam-devel] Re: clam 0.98 src and suse packages

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Thu Feb 22 15:14:01 PST 2007

On Dijous 22 Febrer 2007, you wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-02-22 at 21:51 +0100, David García Garzón wrote:
> > >
> > > Do you also use QTINC? Because that seems to be part of the problem in
> > > this case (ie: includes are in /usr/include/Qt, not /usr/qt4/include)
> >
> > No. We tested it today in a FC6 and it works just by defining QTDIR=/usr.
> > Yes, at last we have a FC to test on!
> >
> > Don't get messed with /usr/include/Qt. It is like /usr/include/QtCore. I
> > mean, in debian the same dir is at /usr/include/qt4/Qt. You don't have to
> > specify it anywhere.
> >
> > In summary: Annotator and NetworkEditor need QTDIR=/usr but CLAM and
> > SMSTools need QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt3.3 and that should be all.
>
> Ok, I'll test this, thanks for the pointers. Yesterday I managed to
> build smstools and annotator, the only problems I had were with
> networkeditor (but smstools has some weird display problems), so most
> probably I'm setting things wrong.

It it runs wrongly send us a report. We are about to start a bug squashing
party.

> > > I had already added those (c++ is implicit in a normal Fedora build
> > > system). I think there are missing includes for some of the build
> > > targets you have... I'll take a more detailed look later today.
> >
> > So, is there something like debian's 'build-essential' package that
> > depends on all those implicit build system packages?
>
> I'm using what comes with mach by default, plus some small tweaks to
> match better the build environment of Fedora Extras.
> > Besides that, i would like to ask you whether you have any experience
> > using 'mock/match'' to build rpms?
>
> By build system uses mach (mock is based on mach, I think).

It is said to be mach successor. According to this web page, it is the tool
that currently builds Fedora Extras packages.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Projects/Mock/

> > For 'deb's we use something similar
> > named 'pbuilder', and it is very handy as it allows to build packages for
> > several flavors of Debian and Ubuntu without rebooting by using a chroot
> > environment.
>
> Yep, same here. I have a x86_64 machine with mach and it can build for
> both i386 / x86_64 for several distros using chroots and the mach magic
> stuff...

Maybe i should try mach. I couldn't get mock working.

> > It also detects any missing build dependency in a given flavor.
> > The nicest thing is that all the flavors can be launched at once by a
> > single script[1].
> >
> > [1]
> > http://iua-share.upf.edu/svn/clam/trunk/CLAM/scripts/doDebianPackages.py
> >
> > I would like to have a similar script for rpm based distros, such as
> > Fedora and SuSe, by using mock (or mach?). Mock is available as package
> > on Debian/Ubuntu, but i couldn't manage to make it run due to badly
> > packaged python dependencies. So, as a first step I'll try to get it
> > working on Fedora.
> >
> > Maybe, if you are familiar with such tool, you could give me some hints
> > or point me to the proper documentation. Google is not that much help.
> > And the man page lacks some working recipes.
> >
> > I tried:
> > $ mock -r fedora-6-i386-core init
> > But it just hangs up while the script runs the command
> >
> > /usr/sbin/mock-helper yum --installroot
> > /var/lib/mock/fedora-6-i386-core/root install buildsys-build
>
> Hmmm, I would have to take a look at mock as I'm only familiar with
> mach.
> What do you get if you try with the --debug option?

I got a lot of verbose text ;-) Just to know where it was getting stuck. I
just left it running all night, maybe eventually it does something and
tomorrow i'll have something to bite.

(Home) vokimon at telefonica adot net