[Clam-devel] CLAM_Optimize

Pau Arumi parumi at iua.upf.edu
Sat Apr 7 15:55:22 PDT 2007

En/na Xavier Amatriain ha escrit:
> I was wondering whether we should somehow promote the CLAM_Optimize
> option to
> the build system interface. In the stuff I am working on setting this
> option is the only way
> I have to get close to real-time and this does make a huge difference
> specially for spectral
> processing.

can you explain more -or show code- about that stuff? i'm curious :)

> As a matter of fact I would probably vote for setting this
> option by default
> and only deactivating it in case extra precision is needed for a
> particular application.
>
> What do you guys think?

useful! i've added a scons option, reconfigure this way:
scons configure optimize_and_lose_precision=yes

however i'd like to see some valgrind numbers. since we now have the
FreewheelingNetworkPlayer tests it will be very easy. anyone volunteers?
btw, david, is efficiency-guardian app kind-of ready to be used?

commited in revision 9969.
i've tested networkeditor smstransposition example in both
configurations and saw no appreciable difference jack cpu load was
oscillating from 30 to 50% in both cases

pau