[Clam-devel] CLAM_Optimize

Xavier Amatriain xavier at create.ucsb.edu
Sat Apr 7 17:38:28 PDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-04-08 at 00:55 +0200, Pau Arumi wrote:
> can you explain more -or show code- about that stuff? i'm curious :)

Basically optimized and enhanced spectral transformations in a vst
plugin.

> however i'd like to see some valgrind numbers. since we now have the
> FreewheelingNetworkPlayer tests it will be very easy. anyone volunteers?
> btw, david, is efficiency-guardian app kind-of ready to be used?

I had, and can probably recover, some Shark numbers (equivalent of
valgrind for Mac OS) that showed around a 100% improvement.

> i've tested networkeditor smstransposition example in both
> configurations and saw no appreciable difference jack cpu load was
> oscillating from 30 to 50% in both cases

If you test it in the context of network editor you are likely not to
see much of a difference. As I mentioned in a previous mail, the
limiting factor in network editor seems to be residing in the gui
thread, especially if you have any monitor. Efficiency tests should be
done with a non-graphical process to see the real benefit.