[Clam-devel] Re: mac osx compilation fixed and build scripts refactoring

Dan Stowell dan.stowell at elec.qmul.ac.uk
Wed Apr 11 10:18:38 PDT 2007

Pau,

Thanks for this!

I can now successfully build the libs, as long as I specify
"with_ladspa=0" (slightly different from the wiki instructions).

I also tried building with "with_sndfile=0" to try and shrink the
library a little, but it created an error:

In file included from scons/libs/audioio/include/CLAM/AudioFile.hxx:28,
                  from
scons/libs/audioio/include/CLAM/MonoAudioFileReaderConfig.hxx:26,
                  from
scons/libs/audioio/include/CLAM/MonoAudioFileReader.hxx:26,
                  from scons/libs/audioio/src/MonoAudioFileReader.cxx:22:
scons/libs/audioio/include/CLAM/AudioFileFormats.hxx:26:2: error: #error
USE_SNDFILE was not set to 1 in your settings.cfg file, but you are
including files that require this. Please fix your settings.cfg

(Note: I'm only telling you this for info, in case you want to fix it.
I've successfully built the lib with sndfile enabled.)

May I suggest that someone updates the Mac build instructions?
http://clam.iua.upf.edu/wikis/clam/index.php/Devel/Mac_OSX_build

Suggested changes:

* Remove qt3-mac from the dependency installation (hooray!)

* Can probably also remove the instructions about setting and unsetting
QTDIR, since that's to account for qt3.

* Is QT4 needed if only building the libs? Installing QT4 takes hours so
if it's possible to skip it, it's helpful to mention that.

* In the "CLAM build" section, "with_ladspa_support=0" should actually
be "with_ladspa=0". Similar correction needs to be made to the
"clam.conf" example right at the bottom of the page.

Best
Dan