[Clam-devel] Re: [pksampler-devel] CLAM and PK widgets

oc2pus at arcor.de oc2pus at arcor.de
Thu Apr 12 11:25:37 PDT 2007

Am Donnerstag, 12. April 2007 schrieb Patrick Stinson:
> How does it break the distribution? It is not possible to install the
> packages in parallel, true, but manually installing the current
> version should get the code to work. What exactly happens when you do
> that? Also, what is the current pyqt4 version in the suse distro?
SuSE-10.2 actual has NO pyqt4-package  ...

I can compile and package pyqt4 and the needed sip to build pksampler.  I've
prepared all those packages and they are ready to roll out.
As the packages are builded in a chroot this is possible at compile/build-time
but at installation time ... the sip is the main problem it cann't be
installed in paralell, all package- managers wants them to remove the half of
qt3 packages and the kde* packages, because they are dependend on qt3.

QT3 and QT4 can be installed parallel, they use /usr/lib/qt3 and /usr/lib/qt4.
If you have any ideas how to manage this, that would be great, because
pksampler would be available for SuSE :)

have fun
Toni