[Clam-devel] Re: [pksampler-devel] CLAM and PK widgets

Patrick Stinson patrickkidd at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 11:47:34 PDT 2007

OK, well it may be simpler to just mess with your pyqt4 install, and
leave the packages alone. Have you tried to install the latest version
of sip and pyqt4 into /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/bin, or a local
overlay in your home directory, like ~/share/lib and ~/share/bin? Then
you add the lib dir to your PYTHONPATH and the bin dir to your PATH in
your login script.

This would be fine if you are just trying to develop with pyqt4.
PYTHONPATH is stored as a list of strings in sys.path, which you can
tweak at startup if you want.

If you are trying to deploy something you will want to ship bundled
binary packages anyway, so this stuff doesn't really come into play.
let me know.

--
Patrick Kidd Stinson
http://www.patrickkidd.com/