[Clam-devel] Branches again?

Xavier Amatriain xavier at create.ucsb.edu
Fri Apr 13 08:08:21 PDT 2007

When you are refactoring the Spectrum class there is no way you can
avoid having "a bunch of local changes".

I see your point in the proposed working method based on patch but I
think you are forgetting that CLAM is a
framework, not a single app. If I am working in my particular app, which
uses and may extend the framework
(be it a real-time gender change, a plugin, or neural networks), having
to work over a long discussion every time
I do a small increment is not very functional.

That's when I see branches being useful.