[Clam-devel] Branches again?

Pau Arumi parumi at iua.upf.edu
Fri Apr 13 08:44:45 PDT 2007

but xavi, last two years we proved how we can make huge changes to the
framework in a controlled way and small steps --executing automatic
tests in every commit was key here.

i think there is a misunderstanding here. i'll try say my point in other
words:
i'm not asking that each change needs a patch to be discussed
(commiters/core developers already share the global architecture and a
set of practices)
i was saying that if anyone have a bunch of local changes with
integration issues, is better to discuss how to integrate it the sooner
the better. commit is not an option since it would make break many
things. but using branches will only increase that delta, so let's only
use them as the last resort.

on a side note, i'm for giving commit access to new developers after a
time of experience with both the clam design and development methodology

please let's stop this unproductive discussions and as someone said:
"show me da code". yeah!

pau

En/na Xavier Amatriain ha escrit: