[Clam-devel] Lacking mac box

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Tue Oct 23 10:41:55 PDT 2007

On Tuesday 23 October 2007 19:00:22 Greg Kellum wrote:

> On 10/23/07, David García Garzón <dgarcia at iua.upf.edu> wrote:
> > Hi, Ross.
> >
> > We are reactivating oscpack support by default in CLAM, so on the next
> > weeks we will release some packages for several architectures (rpm's,
> > macports...) Now I just generated some quick and dirty deb packages for
> > Ubuntu gutsy [1].
> >
> > [1] http://clam.iua.upf.edu/download/linux-ubuntu-gutsy/
> >
> > BTW, we are trying to get CLAM packages into the Debian official
> > distribution. In that scenario, oscpack would be a non-free dependency
> > because its license force any modifier to send any modification back to
> > the original author. Such requirement is not DFSG[1] compliant as it
> > doesn't pass the 'Desert Island test'. Do you feel that that requirement
> > could be dropped in any sense and turned into a petition instead of a
> > requirement?
> >
> > [2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debian_Free_Software_Guidelines
> >
> > There are some alternative solutions but fixing the license seems the
> > optimal if the author agrees ;-)
> >
> > David.
>
> Hi David,
>
> Have you guys been using oscpack on OS-X?  The reason I ask is that
> the build script for oscpack didn't work for OS-X, and I had to
> rewrite it last July to get it working.  Um...  And then I
> accidentally deleted this revised build script.  So, we're back to
> where we started from...  I could write up another build script and
> send it to Ross.  But let me know first if you haven't already done so
> yourself...
>
> Best,
> Greg

We havent reached that point, Greg. Thanks for the offeriment because we have
no mac around us. The power pc is at the old office and Pau lost his
macbook :-( i think he is about buying one but purchasing and deploying it
can take some weeks. Any support we could get on mac during that time is very
welcome. :-)

Everythink ok, Greg? Where are you now?

David.