[Clam-devel] New feature: OfflinePlayer with looping input wavs and output lenth given by the user

Pau Arumí parumi at iua.upf.edu
Tue Apr 1 11:07:15 PDT 2008

A new feature of OfflinePlayer has just landed onto subversion.

It is best explained with an example:
Let wire.clamnetwork be  Source--->Sink, and short.wav is, say, 1 second
long clap.

$ OfflinePlayer wire.clamnetwork short.wav -t 10 output.wav

then, output.wav is 10 seconds long wav with 10 claps in it.
Note that without -t 10 output.wav will be an exact copy of short.wav (1
second, not 10)

The FreewheelingNetworkPlayer class let you choose independently the
length property and enabling input wavs looping. But right now I didn't
found the need to give independent command-line options.

Cheers,
Pau

PS: This feature is very useful in combination with sequencer
processings, like the ones we have in the spacialization plugins. This
way you can render the exact amount of audio specified by the sequence
(text) file