[Clam-devel] Removing fftw 2?

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Mon Jan 28 18:39:33 PST 2008

Configuration checks for fftw2 are more than 250 lines of SCons code in (vs.
50 for the fftw3) do we want to keep such a monster?

fftw3 is superior to fftw2 in precision and performance, it is easier to
configure not having 4 libs with their own prefixes for different
precissions, for example. They both have the same license (not like ooura)
and all platforms seems to support well fftw3.

Any reason to keep compatibility with the old version? Do we chop its head?

David.

PD: In fact this duplication is my fault: i was applying the
Duplicate-Fill-Migrate-Clean pattern for refactorings to upgrade the library
but i missed the 'Clean' waiting for multiplatform to work.