[Clam-devel] GSoC

Pau Arumí parumi at iua.upf.edu
Mon Mar 24 11:58:05 PDT 2008

On dl, 2008-03-24 at 11:14 -0700, Francisco Tufró wrote:
> Hello, I'm really interested on joining the Clam gsoc for this year.
> Last year i've been talking with Hernan about the possibility of
> adding MIDI support for the Network Editor, i did some test and
> worked.
> I'm writing this mail to get in touch with you and see what are the
> real needs of the project about midi and get some feedback to write my
> gsoc application.

As discussed in irc: this project should include implementing the
pattern "typed connections"[1] for controls. That is: having type
extensible controls not restricted to float.
This requires good C++ skills, but luckily Ports are a good reference
for that (though with different data management)

1. http://iua.upf.edu/~parumi/dataflow_audio_patterns.pdf

Pau