[Clam-devel] Re: GSoC proposal for CLAM: Real-time synthesizer using SMS models

Greg Kellum greg.kellum at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 14:34:56 PDT 2008

Hi Yushen,

Well, I found there were clam binaries in /opt/local, and there
shouldn't have been.  I doubt that this is the same problem you're
having, but you might as well check:

ls /opt/local/lib/ | grep clam

If you have any CLAM libraries there, delete them...

I spent some time tonight just getting the stand alone version
running.  Um...  I made some changes to the file
ContinuousExcitationSynthesizer.cxx and I updated the readme.  So,
please do an update on the clam/CLAM/plugins/
continuousExcitationSynthesizer directory.  Then, you should be able
to start the standalone command line application by following the
instructions in the read me, i.e. by typing:

scons clam_prefix=/usr/local/

./ContinuousExcitationSynthesizer path/to/clam-test-data/
EBowGuitarSDIFSmall testData/SonataForSoloViolin.txt output.wav

By the way I noticed a problem with one of the SDIF files in the
directory clam-test-data/EBowGuitarSDIFSmall, and I deleted it.  I
think it was the last file in the directory, but I'm not sure.  In any
case make sure that you only have these files:

EBow_Guitar_C5_RS.sdif	EBow_Guitar_E5_RS.sdif
EBow_Guitar_C5_RS.xml	EBow_Guitar_E5_RS.xml
EBow_Guitar_C6_RS.sdif	EBow_Guitar_F#5_RS.sdif
EBow_Guitar_C6_RS.xml	EBow_Guitar_F#5_RS.xml
EBow_Guitar_D5_RS.sdif	EBow_Guitar_G#5_RS.sdif
EBow_Guitar_D5_RS.xml	EBow_Guitar_G#5_RS.xml

I also made a change in CLAM/src/Flow/Networks/PANetworkPlayer.cxx.  I
switched the sampling rate from 48000 to 44100.  You might need to do
this as well if you're using the built-in audio card on your mac.

Okay, if you these things, everything **should** work.  (I'm keeping
my fingers crossed.)  Don't get too excited though.  The standalone
version is just a command line application, but nonetheless, its main
file, ContinuousExcitationSynthesizer.cxx, should be pretty helpful to
you, because it will show you how to use pretty much all of the
classes in CLAM that you will need to do your project this summer
(assuming that it is accepted and I hope it will be)...

Best,
Greg