[Clam-devel] Try continuing Windows MinGW build

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Tue Apr 22 08:00:09 PDT 2008

By taking a look at the config.log file, you can see that SCons is trying to
compile using VisualC++. According to SCons man page:

"By default, scons knows how to search for available programming tools on
various systems. On Windows systems, scons searches in order for the
Microsoft Visual C++ tools, the MinGW tool chain, the Intel compiler tools,
and the PharLap ETS compiler. On OS/2 systems, scons searches in order for
the OS/2 compiler, the GCC tool chain, and the Microsoft Visual C++ tools, On
SGI IRIX, IBM AIX, Hewlett Packard HP-UX, and Sun Solaris systems, scons
searches for the native compiler tools (MIPSpro, Visual Age, aCC, and Forte
tools respectively) and the GCC tool chain. On all other platforms, including
POSIX (Linux and UNIX) platforms, scons searches in order for the GCC tool
chain, the Microsoft Visual C++ tools, and the Intel compiler tools. You may,
of course, override these default values by appropriate configuration of
Environment construction variables. "

So this has two solutions:
- Removing MSVC from your system, which i think  you can't as you are likely
to use it for other problems
- Adding the 'mingw' tool, which i am not sure about the proper way of doing
that.

I did a new commit on the svn to try the second option. Try to configure and
compile the libraries again. If it still give errors, send the config.log
again. If it works, tell me and i'll d the equivalent changes for the
aplications and the plugins.