[Clam-devel] MIDI Monitor with RtMIDI

Hernán Ordiales h at ordia.com.ar
Sat May 3 16:28:11 PDT 2008

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 6:32 PM, Francisco Tufró <nictuku at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, finally i've finished the RtMIDI version of the MIDIMon plugin.
> As we talk on irc, it only works in Linux and MacOSX.
> I've tested it on both platforms and works ok for me.
> It has a problem with the response of midi commands, it's slow, I think
> that's because i'm not using a callback function, that is a feature that i
> think i'll have to add to it.
>  But right now it reads midi input and sends the data recieved using the
> Do() function.
> Hope you like it.

Great!

let's start evolving MIDI features as plugins as we talked before...

about the code, just a couple of comments:
* remember members convention (m or _ at first)
* avoid leaving commented code
* remember remove svn and hidden files from patchs or tar.gz (check
all the .* files)

I think we can evolve this plugin till update the current MIDIDevice,
and use it like a generic virtual midi in port (beyond the
implementation) using it as MIDISource

commited, revision number 11342

Thanks!
--