[Clam-devel] Copy & Paste processings on canvas patch

Pau Arumí parumi at iua.upf.edu
Tue Jun 3 11:16:31 PDT 2008

On dt, 2008-06-03 at 04:48 -0300, Natanael Olaiz wrote:
> El 06/02/2008 08:14 AM, David García Garzón escribió:
> > On Dilluns 02 Juny 2008, Pau Arumí Albó wrote:
> >
> >> El dl 02 de 06 de 2008 a les 06:19 -0300, en/na Natanael Olaiz va
> >>
> >> escriure:

> >> Wow, this is big step forwards! :-)
> >>
> >> Some questions mainly for Natanael and David,
> >>
> >> Have you evaluated if the onPasteProcessingsFromClipboard() could reuse
> >> the normal xml network loading function? (maybe would need adaptation) ?
> >> That would reduce a lot of code (and duplication)
> >>

> > I think so but some adaptation should be done to the NetworkAdapters to store
> > just the selected processings and related connections.
> >
> OK, I'll see that. It could be also good to start thinking about
> subnetworks paths.
>
> >> I think that this feature (and the future sub-networks) is asking for
> >> embedding processing-boxes positions in the clamnetwork xml (instead of
> >> keeping a separate binary .pos file). Getting rid of .pos files was a
> >> TODO actually. Do you agree?
> >>

> > I fully agree.
> >
> Me too. Another task to add. :-)

After some chat with David about this, I think it would be good to start
with 1) reuse the network loading/saving code, before starting 2) adding
positions to the xml. This is because having 2) will make the load/save
more difficult, as needs transferring data from canvas/procboxes to the
network, and should be better approached as a posterior refactoring.

Don't hesitate to ask if find problems

Pau