[Clam-devel] Re: Patch: added submenues in context menu to connect controls

Natanael Olaiz nolaiz at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 03:27:08 PDT 2008

El 06/05/2008 06:28 AM, Pau Arumí Albó escribió:
> El dj 05 de 06 de 2008 a les 00:00 -0300, en/na Natanael Olaiz va
> escriure:
>
>> El 06/04/2008 06:31 AM, Natanael Olaiz escribió:
>>
>>> Doing some tests with many controls, it could be annoying... so I'd
>>> made a duplication of the previous patch of "connect to" for ports,
>>> but for controls.
>>>
>>> As you can see, is almost the same... so putting some more generic
>>> names to the pointers, and adding 2 more (for
>>> controlIndexByXPos/portIndexByYPos,
>>> and canConnectControls/canConnectPorts) I will join both, but if you
>>> want to use it until then....
>>>

>> Here is the merge.
>>

> Nice feature and nice refactoring!
> Committed revision 11440
>
> The NetworkCanvas::ContextMenu is tending to spaghetti code (very long),
> but I think it's ok by now.
>
> These connectivity features should have more screenshots (e.g. controls
> connection) at the "Development_screenshots" wiki, can you please add
> them?

With the previous patch yesterday I added a .png showing the menu on the
wiki, but it would be nice to show the connection itself. I have to
learn how to make the animated gifs...

> I will give you commmit access after a few more patches (though sending
> patches might be better for code that needs discussion).

Great! I don't like to bother you every time I found secure changes to
make (for instance, after sending the last patch I found a comment to
delete... :)).

> For the next patches, please prepare detailed commit messages. See
> examples in the log "svn log | less"

OK. About that, could you recommend me a SVN frontend? For instance, to
check the log without need to download it every time... (emm... I could
make a script to download only the latest changes and add them to a
file, but maybe there is something good done)

Regards,
Natanael.