[Clam-devel] Copy & Paste processings on canvas patch

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Mon Jun 9 18:31:32 PDT 2008

Pau, i just commited the patch previous to the pos and sizes because it
modifies the network XML and further changes might be done with care because
they might break stored networks. We should be sure that the format is the
one to stay for a while.

The point is that the proposed patch stores the position and the size as
string:
boxPos="20,25" boxSize="400,20"
Is that what we want?
not x='20' y='25 height='20' widht='400'
or even position='20,25' size='400,20'?

I also guess that the procAttribMap to store such attributes is a too generic
tool that can become subject of abuse if it is in the api. We are expected to
have some kind of network configuration/attributes and i don't know if this
is missleading when we actually want pos and size. Just a feeling not a
conviction. In this part we are more in Pau's zone.

Natanael, you should also review the naming conventions in the new functions:
Some local variables starting with upper case and some CripAbrvOnNams.
The worst thing on abreviating words is that you never remember which letters
you removed. Modern editors have completition. You can also use the context,
if the only ones in your context to have positions and sizes are processings
you can remove the Proc and call them prositions and sizes.

David.

El Tuesday 10 June 2008 02:24:57 Natanael Olaiz va escriure: