[Clam-devel] Re: Zero crossings and so ons...

Han, Yushen yushen.han at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 10:41:49 PDT 2008

Hi, Greg

1. "Do you think you could identify zero crossings on the fly after
you've already resynthesized your two new frames?"
This is an interesting question and my answer is no. I can't do this
unless I have the access to the samples in a frame. So far all I did
is in the frame level. Is there anyway for me to operate on sample
level?

If I could do so, the zero crossings after re-synthesis will have
little to do with the zero crossings in the original samples.

2. The jitter is associated with the frame that has been transformed
by SMS when the frequency between two consecutive frames changes a
lot. I know if there is only one SDIF file, this definitely will
occur.

As you designed, if there are more than 1 SDIF file, the program
should have catched more than 1 reader and will choose the most
suitable reader ( SDIF file ) on the fly.
I need to figure out if the jitter is related to the switching SDIF
file readers as well...

3. It is good to know that the sound problem is not due to the triangle window.
So I can focus on the transition part.

4. For the "mock-up", do you mean something like a blue print of the
interface that is not really sfunctional?
If so, I can just use XCODE Interface Builder...

Best regards,
Han, Yushen