[Clam-devel] Re: faust status

Pau Arumí Albó parumi at iua.upf.edu
Wed Jul 9 13:49:09 PDT 2008

El dc 09 de 07 de 2008 a les 17:18 -0300, en/na Natanael Olaiz va
escriure:
> El 07/09/2008 04:33 PM, Pau Arumí Albó escribió:
> > - Dropped-to-canvas faust processings have tiny diagrams here. Would be
> > feasible to scale them up?
> >
> We need to define how to manage that. Using fixed sizes cause problems
> resizing the canvas, if not, is resized by the connectors/name (i.e.
> some changes are required there)... And some diagrams are really big to
> use its original size.
> Opinions?

What data is available from the svg? only the ratio? also the "default"
size?
Is it easy to get the size of the processing box after the name is set?

If all this info is available we could set a default "scale" which would
be upper-limited by an arbitrary (but aesthetic) maximum and
down-limited by the processing-box-name-size.

Or better, we could make that processings boxes can shrink so they do
not have to show its complete name.

But maybe all this info is not available. You'll tell.

> > - Hey, your screenshots have Sinks and Sources with svg diagrams. But
> > mines no. I want them! :-)
> >
> Just in some of the tests, and looks nice. :)
> It's just a matter to define the svg_diagram attribute on sink/sources
> using the same .svg of the icon. I didn't commit that because I don't
> know if that could slow down the Qt interface... (using embeded svg
> widgets -QSvgWidget- for several processings)
> What do you think?

Go ahead commiting the icon metadata