[Clam-devel] Re: faust status

Natanael Olaiz nolaiz at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 15:18:54 PDT 2008

El 07/09/2008 05:49 PM, Pau Arumí Albó escribió:
> El dc 09 de 07 de 2008 a les 17:18 -0300, en/na Natanael Olaiz va
> escriure:
>
>> El 07/09/2008 04:33 PM, Pau Arumí Albó escribió:
>>
>>> - Dropped-to-canvas faust processings have tiny diagrams here. Would be
>>> feasible to scale them up?
>>>

>> We need to define how to manage that. Using fixed sizes cause problems
>> resizing the canvas, if not, is resized by the connectors/name (i.e.
>> some changes are required there)... And some diagrams are really big to
>> use its original size.
>> Opinions?
>>

> What data is available from the svg? only the ratio? also the "default"
> size?

The default size is available when you load the SVG.
> Is it easy to get the size of the processing box after the name is set?

If you mean the SVG original size, I think it could be passed through
sizeHint (http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3/qwidget.html#sizeHint-prop).

> If all this info is available we could set a default "scale" which would
> be upper-limited by an arbitrary (but aesthetic) maximum and
> down-limited by the processing-box-name-size.

The maximum size could be limited on maximumSize property
(http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3/qwidget.html#maximumSize-prop).

> Or better, we could make that processings boxes can shrink so they do
> not have to show its complete name.
>
> But maybe all this info is not available. You'll tell.

Yes, I'll try it and send it to test.

>>> - Hey, your screenshots have Sinks and Sources with svg diagrams. But
>>> mines no. I want them! :-)
>>>

>> Just in some of the tests, and looks nice. :)
>> It's just a matter to define the svg_diagram attribute on sink/sources
>> using the same .svg of the icon. I didn't commit that because I don't
>> know if that could slow down the Qt interface... (using embeded svg
>> widgets -QSvgWidget- for several processings)
>> What do you think?
>>

> Go ahead commiting the icon metadata

After finish to recompile CLAM with the latest commits, I'll do it.

Regards,
Natanael.