[Clam-devel] Turnaround - Chord Extractor application

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Tue Jul 15 03:48:28 PDT 2008

On Dilluns 14 Juliol 2008, Pawel Bartkiewicz wrote:
> Ok, sorry, preparing patches by hand is a tedious work and it's the
> only way to make incremental patches that I know, so I have prepared
> them with svn diff, in which case they are cumulative. The second one
> (Turnaround-main_window.patch) is newer. Moreover, I'm not doing
> incremental patches anymore since one of them was ommited because I
> had forgotten to tell David they weren't cumulative.

By incremental we mean one to be an small increment on what is given but not
one patch that can be appliable over the previous one. That would be ideal
but we are not asking you to do so. We prefer to ask you rediffing after
merging commited changes if needed. The reason for that is you all to be used
to commit small progressive changes to the subversion, instead of
big 'deltas'.

> I haven't managed to implement file playing and chord analysis yet,
> but I'm attaching the last working patch anyway. It's only a simple
> GUI with a menu bar, ProgressControl and KeySpace, but it's a progress
> nevertheless. This patch includes the previous two as well.

I won't like the final application be that close to the existing tonal
analysis in prototyper. The idea of an stand alone application is not having
the limitations of the prototyper.

Before connecting the KeySpace or any other chord related widget which will
depend on the analysis, is important to have the Progress and a pair of
single key accelerators to do a relative seek up and down.

Icons: Take a look on how NetworkEditor and Annotator handle them and
reproduce the setup here. I took the icons from the crystalsvg theme of kde.
Add a task bar and drop actions (with icons) in it.

Designer: Be conservative on what you put on the designer. I just use designer
for actions, menu's and toolbars. Using the designer for the layout can turn
into a very chaotic experience as you move on.

Widgets: be aware on what you copy from NetworkEditor. We should endup moving
them to a shared library so any change we do them we should consider whether
to apply it also to the other copies.