TypedControls branch? was Re: [Clam-devel] Bug solved for deleting Out In Ports and Out In Controls

Pau Arumí parumi at iua.upf.edu
Thu Jul 17 14:34:28 PDT 2008

On dj, 2008-07-17 at 18:18 -0300, Hernán Ordiales wrote:
> just one note more, i think that the main issue that makes really big
> this patch is because now we are using BaseTypedIn|OutControl where we
> had In|OutControl (registry, etc)
>
> with this class diagram:
> class BaseTypedIn|OutControl
> class TypedIn|OutControl: BaseTypedIn|OutControl
> class In|OutControl: TypedIn|OutControl<TControlData>
>
> so many of the code using In|OutControls types is replaced by
> BaseTypedIn|Out to allow a general treatment of the controls. Other
> issue is that in some parts where now is required a Base type, current
> code is using an interface not present in Base, only at old
> In|OutControl classes, and are methods not-convenient to add to Base,
> so a code change/refactor is required.

Yes, but many of these rafactorings can be done at trunk before the
actual switch. For example substitute
proc.GetInControl("MyIn").DoControl(1.); -> DoControlAsFloat(proc,
"MyIn", 1.)   (I'm using wrong function names, I know)

And maybe we should be refactoring In|OutControl to make it more similar
to BaseTypedIn|OutControl interfaces also in trunk. However I'd like to
see code on that issue.

All this belongs to the "start making the delta smaller" approach.