[Clam-devel] Turnaround: Color Segments

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Fri Dec 12 04:29:16 PST 2008

El Friday 12 December 2008 10:40:21 Pau Arumí va escriure:
> El dv 12 de 12 de 2008 a les 04:50 +0100, en/na David García Garzón va
>
> escriure:
> > We should wrap out GSoC results for an eventual release containing them:
> > Typed controls, Annotator, Turnaround...
> >
> > Some new nice feature on the SegmentView widget (mainly used in
> > Turnaround): Segments are colored depending on the label (each
> > label/chord allocates a different color). Besides looking gorgeous, it
> > has been done to ease the visual chord identification.
> >
> > Mandatory screenshot:
> > http://iua-share.upf.edu/wikis/clam/index.php/Image:TurnAround-colorSegme
> >nts.png
> >
> > Other pending ribbons for Turnaround:
> > - Debian packaging
> > - Screencast showing how it works
> > - Complete about box
> > - Segmentation offset bug
> > - 100% cpu bug
> > - Second song loading crashes bug
>
> I totally second doing an effort to polish, package and publicize
> Turnaround.
>
> There is the name issue. I think we can come up with better names than
> "turnaround". What do people think¿? My proposal is "chords"

I agree that its relation with chords should be explicit from the name but i
think we need a brandier name that Turnaround provided. I suggest doing a
brainstorm with names on the midway. Starting with:

ChordNavigator
ChordWalker
ChordTrekker
ChordViewer