[Clam-devel] Turnaround: Color Segments

Hernán Ordiales h at ordia.com.ar
Fri Dec 12 15:43:56 PST 2008

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 10:29 AM, David García Garzón
<dgarcia at iua.upf.edu> wrote:
[snip]
>> I totally second doing an effort to polish, package and publicize
>> Turnaround.
>>
>> There is the name issue. I think we can come up with better names than
>> "turnaround". What do people think¿? My proposal is "chords"
>
> I agree that its relation with chords should be explicit from the name but i
> think we need a brandier name that Turnaround provided. I suggest doing a
> brainstorm with names on the midway. Starting with:
>
> ChordNavigator
> ChordWalker
> ChordTrekker
> ChordViewer
> ChordInspector
> Chordie
> Chordat
> Clam Chords
> QChords
> Chorder
> QChorder
> Chordata (clams are Echinoderm but...)
> Notochord http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notochord
> Mp3ToChords
> Dechord
> Acords (catalan for chords)
> Accords (french for chords?)
> Accordion
> Chordetz (like Tonetz)
> Fret Fingers
> Fretter
> iChord/gChord/MSChord ;-)
>
> Please, drop your own brainstroming.

ok, here are mine:

CChords -> expands to "CLAM Chords"
c2u, chord2u -> expands to "chord to you"
chordy
handychords -> that sounds similar to "harpsichord"
aCChoordion, aChordion -> that sounds  similar to "accordion"
chordaround -> that sounds  similar to "turnaround" :P
chordmatic  -> that sounds similar to chromatic, "chromatic scale" you know
chordytown -> that sounds similar to "chinatown" and remembers me the
recent trip with David to SF :P
chordia -> that sounds similar to "hordia" (it's a joke!!!!)
chordjuice
chordsnow
and to complete the brand letters based names X-Chord

from David's brainstorming, i like ChordInspector, CLAM Chords and Chordetz
from mine, i like handychords, CChords, chordytown, chordjuice and chordmatic

cheers
--
Hernán
http://h.ordia.com.ar