[Clam-devel] Port Type shown on the tooltip

Pau Arumí parumi at iua.upf.edu
Wed Jan 30 17:00:22 PST 2008

On dj, 2008-01-31 at 01:39 +0100, David García Garzón wrote:
> On Dijous 31 Gener 2008, Pau Arumí wrote:
> > On dc, 2008-01-30 at 23:35 +0100, David García Garzón wrote:
> > > A fast feature before the release: As Pau requested during a workshop to
> > > the Barcelona Media audio team, now the type of the port is shown on the
> > > port tooltip. Mandatory screenshot:
> > >
> > > http://iua-share.upf.edu/wikis/clam/index.php/Image:NetEditor-PortHintWit
> > >hType.gif
> >
> > super!
> >
> > btw, how did you produced that gif? from a screencast?
>
> 10 screenshots loaded into gimp as layers, saving them to gif (wikimedia don't
> like mng's) and chosing to save layer as annimation frames ;-) the auto
> numbering feature of ksnapshot that often nags me, now has been a very useful
> help.
>
> But that's not the question I expected from you. Have you noticed the type
> strings? Look, mum! No mangling!

oh! i was assuming that the name was "given" during the registration to
the factory (of types). it is possible to de-mangle c++ types. great!
you'll explain how.

btw, "10 screenshots + gimp" was not the answer i expected from you :-)
i'm sure it can be done with a screencast (i.e. recordmydesktop) and two
commands; one for splitting video to pictures (avidemux does it) and
another to build up the .gif (but don't know how)

pau