[Clam-devel] GSoC deadline extension

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Sat Apr 5 07:36:31 PDT 2008

El Thursday 03 April 2008 03:25:38 JunJun va escriure:
> Hi, Natanael,
> yes, my primary idea is around the area of Annotator merger/web services
> based extractors. I have not finished the proposal yet. Once it's done,
> I'll send it to you and expect some discussions to gain compatibility (or
> even cooperation.) I can't link to the
> http://nael.freehyperspace.com/GSoC/CLAM.html. Do you mind send the copy
> through email to me? June

I think you both over sized the project so even if both are choosen there is
room for two projects. There is a key infrastructure question: the merger and
then both propose description sources that can be done even without the
merger: VAMP support, web services as client... also there is the project of
extractors as web service (not client but server). Each element is a project
by itself. I suggest you to cover in your application the key question for
CLAM, the merger and then highlight as alternative the other projects you
might be interested that migth be a complement to this main project or an
alternative with a wider coverage just in case the other one take the merger.

David.