[Clam-devel] Re: GSoC

Natanael Olaiz nolaiz at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 15:51:22 PDT 2008

El 04/22/2008 08:44 AM, Pau Arumí escribió:
> [...]
> On dt, 2008-04-22 at 06:21 -0300, Natanael Olaiz wrote:
>> 'll ask about the IDE in clam-devel. Do you want to send also the
>> testing diff there? Will you create a specific GSoC list?
>>

> Well, most Clam developers use "normal" code editors --at least David
> and me are gvim fans--. These are not really integrated IDEs but is
> efficient anyway.

Old school.. I like it. :-)

> Kate or kdevelop sounds good for editing --and even debugging with gdb's
> front-ends. But there is no point in integrating the scons based build
> process. Just use a (maybe integrated) terminal for that.

Well, I just made a simple makefile:

    project_name:
            scons prefix=/usr/local clam_prefix=/usr/local
    clean:
            scons --clean

in a "custom makefile" C++ project import, and it works great.

> Some time ago tried to integrate the build process inside Eclipse (there
> is some doc about this in the wiki) but the results were not
> satisfactory enough.
>
> About preparing patches, the main rule is to do the svn diff being in
> clam/ dir (below CLAM/). More instructions in the wiki's devel pages:
> http://clam.iua.upf.edu/wikis/clam/index.php/Devel
> Patches are to be sent to the devel list. In case we reach a point we
> get too much traffic and is hard to track patches then we might switch
> to manage them in the (bug)tracker. But not now.

Thank you for the link. It was useful for the patch that I sent. :)

> About a specific gsoc list: we have no plans to create one. The idea is
> that gsoc students ARE community developers. Of course, gsoc project
> management and other private mentor-student communication we'll be kept
> off-list.

OK.

Thanks for your answers.

Best regards,