[Clam-devel] Patch with questions: tooltip on ProcessingTree

Natanael Olaiz nolaiz at gmail.com
Thu May 22 22:09:40 PDT 2008

El 04/29/2008 02:13 PM, Pau Arumí Albó escribió:
>>>    - Added a tooltip when moving over the name of processing box (is a
>>> little bit annoying)
>>>

> I like it (i don't know if i'm missing the annoying part). I find it
> very useful.
>
> Another related feature i'd like to see is this tooltip when moving over
> the processing-tree (the left pane).

I made it in some way, but I don't like it...

I tried to put it on a paintEvent (the alternative code is commented in
the patch), but I had two problems (I'm so newbie on Qt... could anyone
help me with this?):
    - When i create a QPainter object sometimes I got (I need to filter
certain QPaintEvent (s)?):

    QPainter::begin: Widget painting can only begin as a result of a paintEvent

    - I didn't know how to update the widget from the OverProcessing
slot, to make it call to paintEvent...

So, I putted a simple QToolTip::showText direct from the slot.

(The last days I was finishing some readings about C++... I'll need to
use this next days to read about Qt!...)

> [...]
> With the minor fixes, this is commitable. But i'd like a next step that
> removes the hardcoded attributes "category", "description" and gets all
> metadata instead -- using Factory::GetPairsFromKey(...)

I did it. But anyway, I putted some "hardcoded" checks to take away
"icon" attributes, empty values and values equals to the main key name
-i.e. empty descriptions-. Do you think is better now?

Best regards,
Natanael.